Moroccan-Spiced Baked Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Millilitre Red chilli, seeded
- 5 Millilitre Ground cinnamon
- 10 Millilitre Ground coriander
- 5 Millilitre Ground cumin
- 30 Gram Fresh coriander
- 30 Millilitre olive oil
- 60 Millilitre oil
- 10 Millilitre Chicken breasts, whole
- 600 Gram Red onions, sliced
- 250 Millilitre of white wine or red wine (optional)
- 150 Millilitre Water
- 500 Millilitre KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 Limes, quartered
- 2 Coriander leaves to garnish
- Blend the paste ingredients in a food processor until the consistency is smooth.
- Heat 10 ml oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chicken breasts and brown evenly.
- Remove from the pan and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add onions and sauté for 15 min.
- Add paste to the onions and cook for 3 min.
- Add the wine, water and sachet of KNORR Fresh Ideas Country Hotpot to the pan.
- Simmer for 20 min and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for 40 min.
- Turn chicken breasts over and cook for a further 30 min.
Garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves and serve with 150 g couscous (cooked as per packet instructions) and 400 g steamed butternut.
Recipe credit : http://www.whatsfordinner.co.za/recipes