A few weeks ago i spent an amazing seven days in Dubai . I have to admit that prior to this trip Dubai had never been on my travel radar but has since become one of my top ten holiday destinations to visit.
A few days before my trip I spent hours researching things to do and places to visit and was simply mesmerised by the various options and could hardly contain my excitement.
The first thing that I noticed when we were met at the airport was how extremely hot it was in Dubai. Although I was told that it was hot I certainly did not expect the slightly uncomfortable heat but this was not going to damper my enthusiasm at all.
After checking in and freshening up we met with the the hotel concierge who filled us in on the transport options as well as the free shuttle service that the hotel offered.
With the hotel shuttle, Uber and the hop – on hop – off tourist bus . we were ready to explore!
Dubai is divided by the creek into the old and charming Dubai and the bustling new age Dubai with its grand architectural buildings and modern malls. There is so much to see and do in Dubai and a week had certainly not been enough to visit and experience it all.
Highlights of my trip:
- Boat trip down the creek to old Dubai
- Shopping at The Dubai Mall and the Mall of Emirates
- Visit to The Marina and The Marina Mall
- Visit to Jumeirah Beach
- Fun filled day at Atlantis The Palms, a luxurious resort on the Jumeirah Island
- A visit to Burj Khalifa , the tallest building in the world
- Exploring the city on the tourist bus while taking in the views from the upper deck
- Dining in the local restaurants and sampling the divine desserts